Support Services Policy
This document is IXUP’s Support Services Policy and defines the Support Services available for Subscriptions to the Software and Service.
Capitalised terms used, but not defined, in this Support Services Policy have the meanings given to them in the applicable IXUP Customer Agreement, being:
In this Support Services Policy, the following terms mean:
- Business Hours: means 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (AEST) during Business Days.
- Business Days: means Monday to Friday, excluding public holidays in Australia.
- Defect: means a failure of the Software or Service to conform in all material respects to the Documentation.
- Documentation: means IXUP’s published documentation relating to the Software and Service accessible here: https://ixup.freshdesk.com
- Software: means the IXUP secure data analytics software licensed to Customer for installation and use in Customer’s own Azure Environment.
- Service: means the IXUP secure data analytics software provided to Customer as a cloud service via the public internet from IXUP’s own Azure Environment.
- Support Services: means the support services for the Software and Service described in this Support Services Policy, subject to an exclusions and conditions set out in this Support Services Policy.
- Ticket: means an entry made in the IXUP tracking system to manage requests for Support Services.
Scope of Support Services
IXUP will provide the following Support Services for all Subscriptions:
- Third Level Support: being rectification of Defects that require access or changes to the source code for the current and immediately prior version of the Software or Service.
- Updates: providing new versions, releases, updates, patches, fixes, configurations or other modifications of the Software or Service made available by IXUP to its customers generally from time to time.
IXUP will also provide the following additional Support Services if agreed as part of a Subscription:
- First Level Support: being provision of a telephone or email help desk to triage requests for Support Services.
- Second Level Support: being provision of responses to Customer or End User general requests for assistance in relation to the use of the Software or Services (other than Defect rectification).
IXUP’s obligation to provide all Support Services are subject to the conditions and exclusions set out below.
Support Services Contacts
All requests for Support Services must be made by via IXUP’s ticketing system:
Customer may allocate one End User to have an account in IXUP’s ticketing system as the primary Customer Support Services contact (champion). Up to three other End Users of Customer may also have accounts in IXUP’s ticketing system at no additional charge.
On receipt of a request for Support Services, IXUP will notify Customer that the request has been received (Response).
IXUP will use reasonable endeavours to provide a:
- Response to each request for Support Services made in accordance with this Support Services Policy within 1 hour of receipt;
- Resolution to each request for Support Services made in accordance with this Support Services Policy within a reasonable period, depending upon the nature of the request.
Actual resolution time for support requests will depend on the nature of the request and its resolution. A resolution may consist of a fix, workaround or other solution in IXUP’s reasonable determination.
All Response and resolution times are measured from the time of receiving the request for Support Services in https://ixup.freshdesk.com.
All requests for Support Services entered into IXUP’s ticketing systems must be submitted with an initial ticket severity designation by Customer. IXUP will review each request for Support Services, where applicable seek to recreate the Defect, and either:
- Confirm the ticket severity designation entered by Customer; or
- Reclassify the ticket severity designation as IXUP considers appropriate.
IXUP’s determination of the ticket severity designation is final. IXUP may change the ticket severity designation from time to time and all such changes will be automatically communicated by email to Customer as it progresses to completion.
Conditions for providing Support Services
IXUP’s obligation to provide Support Services is conditioned on the following:
- Customer makes reasonable efforts to address the request for Support Services itself prior to contacting IXUP.
- IXUP is able to recreate the Defect, where the request for Support Services related to a Defect.
- Customer provides all information, cooperation and assistance required by IXUP to rectify the Defect either through the Ticket system or via remote access to Customer’s Environment, personnel, hardware, and any additional software involved in discovering the Defect.
- If Customer has a subscription to the Software, Customer using the current or immediately prior version of the Software.
- Customer procures, installs and maintains all equipment, communication interface, hardware and internet connectivity necessary to utilise the Software or Service.
Support Services exclusions
The following are excluded from the Support Services:
- First Line Support or Second Line Support, unless specifically agreed as part of Customer’s Subscription.
- Any request arising from use of the Software or Services on, or in conjunction with, hardware, software or networks other than those specified in the applicable Documentation.
- Any request arising from altered or modified versions of the Software or Service, unless altered or modified by IXUP.
- Any Defect arising due to an act or omission of Customer, End Users or third parties, including any third party hardware, software or service.
- Any request relating to a version of the Software or Services other than the current or immediately prior version.
- Any request relating to evaluation, trial or free versions of the Software or Services.
- Failure of, or issues arising from, computing or networking hardware, or equipment or programs under the control of Customer or an End User.
- Negligent or intentional misuse of the Software or Services by any Customer or an End User.
- Any request relating to failure of the Software or Services to integrate with third party software or services, unless caused by a change made to the Software or Services by IXUP which was not .communicated to Customer with at least 7 days’ notice.
- Any request for Professional Services, including custom integration scripts that use the IXUP APIs.