IXUP Limited (ACN 612 182 368) (referred to as “IXUP”, “we’ and “us”) recognises that the privacy of your personal information is important and we are committed to protecting the privacy of any personal information we collect from you.
What information do we collect?
We collect personal information necessary for us to manage our connected information management software and services business as well as for the use of the IXUP Platform. Personal information is any information that can be used to identify you and includes:
- Salutation, your full name, business title/occupation and contact details (address, telephone numbers and business email address).
- information about your dealings with us or use of our products and services.
- in limited circumstances, information about your dealings with our customers.
- other personal information you may disclose to us when you contact or request a service from us, or which is contained in communications between you and us.
Where relevant we may ask you for other information, for example, qualifications and employment history if you are applying for employment with us. We will also engage a third party to conduct a background check on a person who applies for employment with us if we are considering offering employment to that person.
How do we collect and hold your personal information?
In relation to the IXUP Platform, we collect personal information as part of the onboarding process when your employer enters into a contractual agreement to use the IXUP Platform and you consent to providing that information.
When using the IXUP Platform, you will only disclose basic information for the creation of system accounts. For further details, refer to the sections titled “what information do we collect?” and “how do we use your personal information?”.
We hold personal information in:
- Files: We collect and store data you upload to the IXUP Platform in an encrypted format. Only data available is the file name (client provided) and header line on CSV file(s).
- Log Data: When you use the IXUP Platform, the system records usage in the form of activity logs. This includes reference to your system username and the relevant action you took on the system.
If your personal information is no longer needed, IXUP will take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify it.
In relation to the IXUP website, we collect personal information:
- directly from you, either in person, in documents, by email or via the IXUP website.
- from publicly available resources.
When using the IXUP website you may voluntarily disclose personal information to us. Details such as your internet address, domain name if applicable, and the date and time of your visit to our website will be recorded automatically.
We use Google Analytics to determine the language of the browser, and the country, state and, in some cases, city of a person accessing the IXUP website. We will also determine whether a person is using the IXUP website for the first time or returning, the frequency of visits and the device being used. This information is used for internal purposes only, including statistical purposes.
We will not try to identify users or their browsing activities except as necessary to investigate or report any suspected unlawful activity, as required, or authorised by law or as reasonably necessary for the activity of an enforcement body.
We hold personal information in electronic files.
Why we collect personal information and consequences of not providing requested information?
Generally, we collect personal information about you for the provision of our services and use of our IXUP Platform to meet our obligations to you as well as to enable us to manage our connected information management software and services business.
Our ability to meet our obligations to you, your business or to process any application may be adversely affected if you do not provide the requested personal information, or if the information is incomplete or inaccurate.
How do we use your personal information?
We use personal information for the provision of our products, the provision of the IXUP Platform and services in conducting our connected information management software business. We may also use personal information to:
- manage our relationship with you.
- improve the products and services we provide.
- assess applications for employment.
For IXUP Platform, your personal information will be used to:
- Create an account for you to use the IXUP Platform.
- Create an account for you to use the IXUP Support Ticketing system.
- By IXUP to send system notifications and updates to all registered users.
If we intend to use your personal information for direct marketing to you, such as by adding you to a marketing database, and you have not already consented to this use, we will notify you and will provide you with an opportunity to opt out.
If you no longer wish to receive our email alerts you may opt out at any time by replying to the email using the unsubscribe facility.
We may, on request, hold personal information received from our customers. Such personal information will be encrypted when it is provided to IXUP and we will only collect and use that encrypted information in accordance with the agreement with that customer.
For more information about how IXUP may use personal information disclosed by a customer of IXUP, please see the section titled “Customer Services”.
To whom do we disclose personal information?
We will only disclose personal information for the purpose for which it was collected or in the following circumstances:
- to third party service providers who assist us in providing our products and services.
- to our related companies.
- where required or authorised by law or otherwise as permitted under the Privacy Act.
- where you consent to the disclosure.
Personal information collected when using the IXUP Platform is not disclosed to any third parties. It is only visible within a “closed community” using the system. If a third party is part of that community then, and only then, will they see personal information – theirs only.
For more information about how IXUP discloses your personal information disclosed by a customer of IXUP, please see the section titled “Customer Services”.
From time-to-time, IXUP may be asked by a customer to provide a demonstration of how to use IXUP’s product and services, or to provide services to customers using the IXUP Platform. IXUP customers may also, from time to time, request IXUP provide services, such as third level support in relation to their use of IXUP Platform.
In both circumstances, IXUP may be provided with data held by the customer which could include personal information such as names, contact details and customer relationship descriptions.
If this occurs, IXUP will only use any personal information provided to use and analyse the information for the purposes of performing a demonstration or the actions agreed in the relevant agreement with the customer such as, for example, correcting a software error.
IXUP will delete data provided by a customer from its databases when it is no longer required to perform the demonstration or the agreed services.
Cross-border disclosure of personal information
IXUP does not disclose personal information to overseas recipients and will only do so in accordance with the Privacy Act. Personal information collected from IXUP’s customers in Australia for the purposes of providing demonstrations or services will not be disclosed overseas.
How secure and accurate is your personal information?
We will take reasonable steps to ensure all personal information we hold is:
- of quality by being accurate, complete, up-to-date, relevant and not misleading;
- stored in a secure environment.
- protected from misuse, interference and loss as well as unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
- updated when we are notified of a change by having the appropriate processes in place.
How can you access and correct your personal information?
We will comply with any request to access your personal information you send us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org except where the Privacy Act or the APPs allow us to refuse to do so. There is no fee for making a request to access your personal information but we may charge a fee for giving you access to your personal information in a mutually agreed format, usually by sighting the accessible information held on file.
You also have the right to ask us to correct information about you that is inaccurate, incomplete, out-of-date, irrelevant, or misleading. If we refuse to correct your personal information as requested, we will:
- notify you in writing of the reasons for the refusal (unless it would be unreasonable to do so) and how to complain of the refusal.
- on request from you that we associate a statement that the information is inaccurate, incomplete, out-of-date, irrelevant or misleading, take such steps are as reasonable in the circumstances to associate such a statement so that it will be apparent to users of the information.
Links to other websites
Our links to the linked websites should in no way be construed as an endorsement, approval or recommendation by us of the owners or operators of the linked website or of the content, products or services contained on or referred to by the linked websites.
How can I contact IXUP?
If you have any questions or complaints about how we handle your personal information, you can contact our Privacy Officer as follows:
The Privacy Officer
GPO Box 2055
Phone: +61 (0) 2 8206 8888
We will consider and respond to any complaint notified to us within a reasonable time, usually 30 days. We will always endeavour to resolve any complaint to your satisfaction.
Australian Privacy Commissioner
If you are not satisfied with the way we handle your enquiry or complaint, you can contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner on Tel: 1300 363 992 or email: email@example.com.